ARRT'S    ARRCHIVES





GOD   BLESS   AMERICA!

Copyright © 2005 - 2012 Arthur John Huneke
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED



PASSENGER   STATIONS   -   BLOCK   STATIONS
THE   LONG   ISLAND   RAIL   ROAD
RAPID   TRANSIT   -   SUBURBAN   -   LOCAL   SERVICE



IN   1894   THE   BLOCK   SIGNAL   SYSTEM   AND   FOUR   NEW   TOWERS   WERE   INSTALLED   BETWEEN   ROCKAWAY   JUNCTION   AND   FLORAL   PARK.


HOLLIS

THE FIRST NEW TOWER WAS SIGNAL STATION NUMBER 43 "IS" AT FARMERS AVENUE
LOOKING EAST TOWARD HOLLIS STATION IN 1902


AND LOOKING WEST   -   THREE YEARS LATER THE MAIN TRACKS
WERE ELECTRIFIED     -     IN 1906 HOLBAN YARD OPENED.


IN 1905 AN INTERLOCKING AND NEW TOWER WERE INSTALLED EAST OF THE STATION.
IN APRIL 1907 A THIRD TRACK WAS BUILT FROM HERE TO QUEENS WHERE IT
CONNECTED WITH THE THIRD TRACK WHICH RAN TO WEST FLORAL PARK
TOWER NUMBER 46,   THUS CREATING A FREIGHT OR "THIRD RUNNING TRACK".


THE SECOND NEW 1894 TOWER WAS NUMBER 44 "VI" AT BRUSHVILLE WHERE
THERE WAS A PASSENGER STATION   -   LISTED IN JUNE 1897 EMPLOYE TIME TABLE.

THIS PLAN IS FROM RAILWAY AGE NOVEMBER 23, 1906





IN MARCH 1900 THE STATION WAS RENAMED   -   OR REPLACED BY   -   "INTERSTATE PARK".

FROM   1900   BROOKLYN   EAGLE   ARTICLE




POSSIBLY   IT   REOPENED   IN   1897   AND   THE   FRAME
STATION   BUILDING   WAS   ERECTED   IN   1900

Go to ----> BRUSHVILLE   -   QUEENS   VILLAGE

THE 1903 C.R.4. SHOWS "INTERSTATE PARK" STATION AND
"BRUSHVILLE" (C. E. HUSSON PRIVATE SIDING) BOTH AT 12.82 MILES
EAST OF LONG ISLAND CITY AND "BRUSHVILLE SIDING" AT 12.98 MILES.

A 1906 MAP SHOWS "INTERSTATE PARK" AND A 1909 MAP SHOWS "BELLAIRE PARK".

INTERSTATE   PARK   -   BRUSHVILLE   ROAD   -   WAS   RENAMED   BELLAIRE   IN   1907


INTERSTATE   PARK   -   BRUSHVILLE   ROAD



ON   SEPTEMBER   22,   1905   -   THE   LONG   ISLAND   RAIL   ROAD   ENERGIZED
THE   THIRD   RAILS   FROM   ROCKAWAY   JUNCTION   TO   BELMONT   PARK.


THESE ARE THE STATIONS SHOWN IN EMPLOYE TIME TABLE NUMBER 37 OF NOVEMBER 5, 1905

SUBURBAN   TRAINS   ARE   NOW   "LOCAL   ELECTRIC   TRAINS".




SUPPLEMENT 1 TO EMPLOYE TIME TABLE NUMBER 37 SHOWS
BRUSHVILLE ROAD STATION INSTEAD OF INTERSTATE PARK.


INTERSTATE   PARK   -   BRUSHVILLE   ROAD   -   WAS   RENAMED   BELLAIRE   IN   1907.





IN 1924 THE GRADE CROSSINGS WERE ELIMINATED, THE TRACKS WERE
INCREASED TO FOUR AND A NEW HIGH PLATFORM STATION WAS ERECTED.




SIGNAL   STATION   NUMBER   44  1/2   -   "HQ"

HEMPSTEAD   TURNPIKE   HIGHWAY   AND   TROLLEY   CROSSING


LOOKING  EAST  -  TRACK  AT  FAR  RIGHT  IS  THIRD  RUN-
NING  TRACK  BETWEEN  HOLBAN  YARD AND  FLORAL  PARK








NEW YORK & LONG ISLAND TRACTION COMPANY CAR NUMBER 69 APPROACHING CROSSING
AFTER HQ HAD CLOSED   -   JANUARY 7, 1923   -   ACCOUNT GRADE CROSSING ELIMINATION.



QUEENS   STATION

SEE   ALSO:   ---->   BRUSHVILLE   -   QUEENS





SIGNAL   STATION   NUMBER   45   -   "QU"


THIRD TRACK DID NOT EXTEND WEST OF HERE UNTIL APRIL 1907.


IN 1924 THE GRADE CROSSINGS WERE ELIMINATED, THE TRACKS WERE
INCREASED TO FOUR, A NEW HIGH PLATFORM STATION AND BRICK
TOWER WITH AN ELECTRO-PNEUMATIC INTERLOCKING WERE ERECTED
AND THE NAME WAS CHANGED TO QUEENS VILLAGE.




"QY"   CABIN


FOUR TRACKS RAN FROM HERE TO "BM" TOWER AT BELMONT PARK TERMINAL.
THE FREIGHT OR "THIRD RUNNING TRACK" TO WEST FLORAL PARK IS AT RIGHT.


BELMONT PARK DOES NOT APPEAR AGAIN IN EMPLOYE TIME TABLES AS
TERMINAL FOR LOCAL ELECTRIC TRAINS - ALL LOCALS ARE "QUEENS LOCALS".
THIS PUBLIC TIMETABLE FOR NOVEMBER 1909 SHOWS TWO DAILY ROUND TRIPS TO BELMONT PARK.










A PORTABLE SUB-STATION BUILDING WAS LOCATED HERE AND WAS MOVED TO FLORAL PARK
- IN 1910 WE BELIEVE - AFTER ELECTRIFICATION WAS EXTENDED TO HEMPSTEAD IN 1908.


THE FOURTH NEW 1894 TOWER WAS NUMBER 46 "WA"   -   "WEST FLORAL PARK"
AT REMSEN LANE, LAST SHOWN ON A SEPTEMBER 1907 JOB ADVERTISEMENT
SEPTEMBER 1908 EMPLOYE TIME TABLE NUMBER 49 LISTS "BE" CABIN






BE CABIN APPARENTLY REPLACED WA TOWER IN 1908

BELLEROSE STATION OPENED IN 1898 - A DUTCH STYLE BUILDING WAS ERECTED IN 1908.






THE FOURTH NEW 1894 TOWER WAS NUMBER 46 "WA" AT REMSEN LANE,
WEST FLORAL PARK.   IN OCTOBER 1905 THE INTERLOCKING WAS REBUILT.