ARRT'S    ARRCHIVES





GOD   BLESS   AMERICA!

Copyright © 2005   -   2015   Arthur   John   Huneke
ALL   RIGHTS   RESERVED


LINDENHURST         STATION
THE   SOUTH   SIDE   RAIL   ROAD   COMPANY   OF   LONG   ISLAND
THE   LONG   ISLAND   RAIL   ROAD   COMPANY

ORIGINALLY   WELLWOOD       -       LATER   BRESLAU




VALUATION   PLAN   FROM   1916




ANOTHER   WONDERFUL   BOB   EMERY   MAP










IN  1901  THE  1868  DEPOT  BURNED  AND  THIS  STRUCTURE  WAS  ERECTED.



THIS   PHOTOGRAPH   APPARENTLY   SHOWS   THE   STATION
NEW   AS   THE   BAY   WINDOW   HAS   NOT   BEEN   COMPLETED




IN   THE   DISTANCE   THE   FREIGHT   HOUSE   CAN   BE   SEEN


THIS   PHOTOGRAPH   IS   1906  -  1907.   THE   D-16b   LOCOMOTIVE
IS   NEW,   THE   TRAIN   ORDER   SIGNAL   IS   STILL   THERE




THESE   FIVE   PHOTOGRAPHS   ARE   CIRCA   1910.
THE   TRAIN   ORDER   SIGNAL   IS   GONE,   A   COVERED   EXPRESS   PLATFORM   HAS
BEEN   ADDED.   IN   THE   DISTANCE   OF   ONE   THE   FREIGHT   HOUSE   CAN   BE   SEEN




 





 





THE   GRADE   CROSSING   IS   WELLWOOD   AVENUE


LOOKING   NORTH   ON   WELLWOOD   AVENUE
NEHRING'S   HOTEL   BUILDING   IS   TO   THE   LEFT


MANUAL   GATES   WERE   INSTALLED




LINDENHURST   STATION   1913  -  1917

ELECTRIC   LIGHTS   HAVE   REPLACED   THE   GAS   LAMPS   AND   THE   BAY
WINDOW   HAS   BEEN   EXTENDED   TO   THE   EAST   END   OF   THE   STRUCTURE


IN   THE   LATE   TWENTIES   J.  V.  OSBORNE   PHOTO-
GRAPHED   THE   STATION   FROM   THE   NORTHEAST




THE   COVERED   EXPRESS   PLATFORM   WAS   STILL   THERE


IN  THE  LATE  TWENTIES  THE  FREIGHT  SIDINGS  WERE  ELECTRIFIED


IN  THE  1930'S  OR  1940'S  THE  STATION  WAS  MOVED  EAST  AND  THE  FREIGHT   HOUSE   WAS   MOVED   WEST.   THEY   WERE   JOINED   AND   PLACED   ON   A   CONCRETE   FOUNDATION.
THE  BAY   WINDOW  WAS  APPARENTLY  REMOVED  AND
THE  ENTRANCE  CHANGED  TO  THE  WEST  WALL.



BOB   EMERY   PHOTOGRAPHED   THE   STATION   IN   1958


DAVE   KELLER   PHOTOGRAPHED   THE   STATION   IN   1966


BOB   STURM   PHOTOGRAPHED   THE   STATION   IN   1966




DAVE   KELLER   PHOTOGRAPHED   THE   STATION   AGAIN   IN   1967


ART   PHOTOGRAPHED   THE   STATION   FROM   THE   TRAIN   IN   1968







Return   to   ----->   BRESLAU   part   one


Return   to   ----->   SOUTH   SIDE   RAIL   ROAD


return   to   ---->   HOME   PAGE