ARRT'S    ARRCHIVES





Copyright April 2008 Arthur John Huneke
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED


THE   SOUTH   SIDE   RAIL   ROAD   COMPANY   OF   LONG   ISLAND
YOUNGSPORT   -   GREAT   RIVER
LONG   ISLAND   RAIL   ROAD   COMPANY


FROM   1874   "SKETCHES   OF   SUFFOLK   COUNTY"   BY   RICHARD   M.   BAYLES





THIS   FREIGHT   REPORT   FORM   WAS   PRINTED   IN   MARCH   1893.


SEYFRIED   STATES   THAT   THE   NAME   OF   THE   VILLAGE   OF
YOUNGSPORT   WAS   CHANGED   TO   GREAT   RIVER   IN   1881

A   PASSENGER   STATION   WAS   ESTABLISHED   IN   THE   SUMMER   OF   1897





THE   1897   BUILDING   BURNED   IN   1943   AND   THIS   STRUCTURE   WAS   ERECTED




THIS   WAS   THE   SIGNAL   MAINTAINER'S   SHANTY




RETURN   TO   SOUTH   SIDE   RAIL   ROAD


RETURN   TO   HOME   PAGE