ARRT'S    ARRCHIVES



THE   WHITESTONE   BRANCH
PART  TWO


CORONA   MEADOWS   YARD   and
BRIDGE   STREET   DRAWBRIDGE

REVISED   APRIL   14,   2019

UNTIL   1926   FLUSHING'S   FREIGHT   HOUSE   AND   TEAMYARD   WERE   AT   BRIDGE   STREET   (MYRTLE   AVENUE)




THIS   ARTICLE   IS   FROM   THE   JANUARY   1926   LONG   ISLAND   RAILROAD   INFORMATION   BULLETIN


HENRY   WILHELM   MAP   FROM   1924,   WITH   LATER   REVISIONS.


HENRY   RAUDENBUSH   MAP   CIRCA   1951


BOB   EMERY   MAP   THANKS   TO   DAVE   KELLER




FROM   AUGUST   -   SEPTEMBER   1929   LONG   ISLAND   RAILROAD   INFORMATION   BULLETIN


FROM   JANUARY   -   FEBRUARY   1931   LONG   ISLAND   RAILROAD   INFORMATION   BULLETIN


DAVE   KELLER   OCTOBER   18   1936   VIEW   OF   A   BUSY   YARD   BY   PERCY   LOOMIS   SPERR


OCTOBER   18   1936   VIEW   BY   PERCY   LOOMIS   SPERR.   THIS   SIDING   WAS   NUMBER   "8"   ON   EMERY'S   MAP


WE   BELIEVE   THAT   IS   THE   FREIGHT   HOUSE   IN   THE   RIGHT   DISTANCE


TWO   IMAGES   FROM   LONG   ISLAND   RAILROADER   DECEMBER   1951


THIRD   RAIL   HAD   BEEN   REMOVED


THERE   WAS   STILL   SOME   FREIGHT   BUSINESS   AS   LATE   AS   SEPTEMBER   1978






SITE   OF   BRIDGE   STREET   DRAW






DAVE   KELLER   SENDS   ALONG   THIS   PHOTO   FROM   APRIL   8   1927


AND   A   CLOSE   UP   -   THANKS   DAVE!


THIS   MACHINE   PROTECTED   ------


THIS   SWING   BRIDGE   ON   THE   BUSHWICK   BRANCH



continued   on ---->   WHITESTONE   BRANCH     PART   THREE

return   to ---->   WHITESTONE   BRANCH     PART   ONE

RETURN  TO  HOME  PAGE