Railroad_Map_1860Cs.jpg Long Island Rail Road service is available at the Hollis station, located at 193rd Street and Woodhull Avenue. HILLSIDE STATION

ARRT'S    ARRCHIVES





GOD   BLESS   AMERICA!

Copyright © 2013   Arthur   John   Huneke
ALL   RIGHTS   RESERVED

THE     LONG     ISLAND     RAIL     ROAD     COMPANY
WOODHULL   PARK   STATION
HILLSIDE   STATION   -   RJ   TOWER
THE   JAMAICA   IMPROVEMENT


THE CENTRAL RAIL ROAD OF LONG ISLAND HAD A HILLSIDE STATION IN FLUSHING,   ONE-HALF MILE
EAST OF CENTRAL DEPOT.   IT AND SERVICE BETWEEN FLUSHING AND CREEDMOOR CEASED IN 1879.




WOODHULL   PARK   STATION

SEYFRIED   STATES:


THIS LOCATION AND DESCRIPTION MATCH ROCKAWAY JUNCTION STATION.   WOODHULL PARK STATION DOES NOT APPEAR ON ANY PUBLIC OR EMPLOYE TIME TABLE THAT WE HAVE SEEN BUT IS SHOWN ON MAPS.

THIS MAP IS BY THE U. S. GEOLOGICAL SURVEY,   1897


THIS MAP IS 1910




MORE   ON   ROCKAWAY   JUNCTION   INTERLOCKING

THIS HENRY WILHELM MAP SHOWS THE EAST END OF RJ INTERLOCKING IN 1922


RJ'S SIGNAL 22L AND SWITCH 15.   THE SHORT ELECTRIFIED
SIDE TRACK WAS PROBABLY FOR TURNING LOCAL TRAINS.


IN 1924 THIRD AND FOURTH TRACKS WERE INSTALLED BETWEEN RJ AND HOLLIS AND
EAST TO FLORAL PARK.   A THREE LEVER UNION TABLE TYPE MACHINE WAS INSTALLED
AT RJ BECOMING LEVERS 24, 25 AND 26 TO CONTROL THE NEW SWITCHES AND SIGNALS.

THIS HENRY WILHELM MAP SHOWS THE EAST END OF RJ INTERLOCKING IN MAY 1924







RJ   TOWER   WAS   CLOSED   JUNE   21   -   22   1930

HILLSIDE     STATION



ROCKAWAY JUNCTION STATION WAS LISTED IN EMPLOYE TIME TABLES THROUGH 1910.   HILLSIDE
WAS FIRST SHOWN IN E.T.T. NUMBER 60 OF MAY 14,   1911 BUT APPEARED ON THIS NOVEMBER 1909 PUBLIC.

 



THIS BRICK STATION WAS OPENED MAY 15, 1911.


DAVE KELLER SENDS THIS CIRCA 1920 VIEW


BILL SLADE PHOTOGRAPHED IT IN 1954.


BY 1975 THE BUILDING AND GROUNDS WERE USED BY AN ICE CREAM DISTRIBUTOR


A  JUNE  16  1930  VIEW  -   THE MONTAUK BRANCH VIADUCT WAS UNDER CONSTRUCTION.







RJ   TOWER   WAS   CLOSED   JUNE   21   -   22   1930

NOVEMBER   27   1930


LOOKING   EAST   FEBRUARY   28   1931


177TH   STREET   DECEMBER   20   1930  


HILLSIDE     STATION

JANUARY   23   1931


FEBRUARY 28 1931 FROM DAVE KELLER


APRIL   30   1931


TRAIN NUMBER 552 WITH THE OYSTER BAY CLUB CAR IN SEPTEMBER 1955


Return   to   ----->   THE   GLENDALE   CUT   -   OFF
1913   MATAWOK   STATION   -   1927   PARKSIDE   STATION



Return   to   ----->   THE   FIRST   MATAWOK   STATION