ARRT'S    ARRCHIVES





GOD   BLESS   AMERICA!

Copyright © 2013   Arthur   John   Huneke
ALL   RIGHTS   RESERVED

THE     LONG     ISLAND     RAIL     ROAD     COMPANY
BROOKLYN   HILLS   STATION
BROOKLYN   MANOR   STATION
ROCKAWAY     BEACH     DIVISION


BROOKLYN   HILLS   STATION

BROOKLYN HILLS STATION WAS OPENED IN THE 1880'S JUST EAST (SOUTH) OF MYRTLE AVENUE,
0.6 MILES EAST OF GLENDALE JUNCTION AND ONE MILE WEST OF WOODHAVEN JUNCTION.
ANOTHER   BOB   EMERY   MAP   WITH   THANKS   AGAIN   TO   DAVE   KELLER.


FROM   EMPLOYE   TIME   TABLE   NUMBER   49,   SEPTEMBER   9,   1908
 

FROM   THE   C.R.4.   OF   JULY   1,   1903


MAY 1, 1913 PHOTOGRAPH LOOKING EAST (SOUTH) FROM TROTTING COURSE LANE GRADE CROSSING.
MYRTLE AVENUE WAS THE CLOSER OVERGRADE BRIDGE.




VINCENT   F.   SEYFRIED   WROTE:


HENRY WILHELM VISITED THE AREA IN 1927 AND 1935.   HE SHOWS AUTOMATIC
SIGNALS R72 AND R73 IN 1927 WHICH HAD BEEN RENAMED R77 AND R78 BY 1935.


LOOKING NORTH (WEST) FROM AUTOMATIC SIGNAL R72 TOWARD
FOREST PARK ROAD AND MYRTLE AVENUE OVERHEAD BRIDGES


BROOKLYN HILLS STATION HAD BEEN LOCATED AT MYRTLE AVENUE


LOOKING SOUTH (EAST) FROM AUTOMATIC SIGNAL R73


AT THE LEFT ARE THE SIDING AND FACTORY OF THE DE MUTH COMPANY,   WORLD FAMOUS
MAKER OF MEERSCHAUM PIPES.   IN THE DISTANCE AT THE RIGHT IS BROOKLYN MANOR STATION.




BROOKLYN   MANOR   STATION

BROOKLYN HILLS STATION WAS CLOSED IN MAY 1910 AND A NEW
BROOKLYN HILLS STATION WAS OPENED AT JAMAICA AVENUE.
1910 EMPLOYE TIME TABLES NUMBERS 58 AND 59 SHOW BROOKLYN HILLS
AT 10.2 MILES FROM PENNSYLVANIA STATION AND 0.4 MILES WEST OF WOODHAVEN JUNCTION, THE SAME LOCATION AS BROOKLYN MANOR
IN EMPLOYE TIME TABLE NUMBER 60 OF MAY 14, 1911.


VINCENT   F.   SEYFRIED   WROTE:







 

FROM   MARCH   1,   1913   C.R.4.



SEYFRIED     WROTE:


THIS WAS CORRECT UNTIL SUFFICIENT STEEL STEAM LINE CARS HAD BEEN RECEIVED.
BY OCTOBER 1911 ONE EASTBOUND LONG ISLAND CITY TRAIN AND ONE WESTBOUND WERE
STOPPING AT BROOKLYN MANOR.   BY JULY 1913 MORE STEAM TRAINS STOPPED THERE.

BROOKLYN   MANOR   STATION   CIRCA   1915   BEFORE   THE   EL   WAS   CONSTRUCTED


BROOKLYN   MANOR   STATION   IN   1920




BILL   SLADE   1954   PHOTO


A   KELLER   ARCHIVE   1956   PHOTO   -   THANKS   DAVE!


CASH   FARE   RECEIPT   CIRCA   1920




Return   to   ----->   THE   GLENDALE   CUT   -   OFF
1913   MATAWOK   STATION   -   1927   PARKSIDE   STATION



Return   to   ----->   THE   FIRST   MATAWOK   STATION


Return   to   ---->   HOME   PAGE