ARRT'S    ARRCHIVES





GOD   BLESS   AMERICA!

Copyright ©   2015   ARTHUR   JOHN   HUNEKE
ALL   RIGHTS   RESERVED


THE   FLUSHING   RAIL   ROAD   COMPANY
THE   NEW   YORK &   FLUSHING   RAILROAD   COMPANY
THE   NORTH   SHORE   RAILROAD   COMPANY
BAYSIDE     STATION
THE   FLUSHING   &   NORTH   SIDE   RAIL   ROAD   COMPANY
THE   FLUSHING,   NORTH   SHORE &   CENTRAL   RAILROAD   COMPANY




IT HAS BEEN WRITTEN THAT THE FIRST STA-
TION WAS LOCATED EAST OF BELL AVENUE.

V.F.S. L.I.R.R. HISTORY VOL. TWO                        


THE RESEARCH OF BILL SLADE AND THESE 1870 AND 1873 MAPS PLACE
THE 1866 STATION WEST OF BELL AVENUE AND NORTH OF THE TRACKS.




THIS DECEMBER 1866 TIMETABLE SHOWS "BAY   SIDE " - TWO WORDS.


BY MAY 1872 IT WAS ONE WORD.


THIS 1904 MAP SHOWS SINGLE TRACK WITH A PASSING SIDING.


A DECEMBER 1, 1906 LIST OF TELEGRAPH OFFICES SHOWS THAT BAYSIDE WAS A TRAIN
REPORTING OFFICE AND A TRAIN ORDER OFFICE WITH SEMAPHORE TRAIN ORDER SIGNALS.

LOOKING   EAST   IN   1910


IN 1913 THE PORT WASHINGTON BRANCH WAS ELECTRIFIED AND DOUBLE-
TRACKED (AS FAR AS GREAT NECK) AS SEEN ON THE 1916 VALUATION PLAN.


OCTOBER 1, 1916 "FREIGHT FACILITIES" IN BOROUGH OF QUEENS


THE   1886   STATION   1908 - 1923

LIBRARY   OF   CONGRESS   IMAGE


1908     IMAGE




1922     IMAGE


A BEAUTIFUL NEW STATION OPENED IN OCTOBER 1923



JAMES V. OSBORNE PHOTOGRAPHED THE NEW STATION


MANUAL BLOCK STATION "BS" AT WEST END OF EASTBOUND PLATFORM


HENRY WILHELM SHOWED THE SETUP 1923 - 1926


HENRY WILHELM NOTED THAT AUTOMATIC SIGNALS WERE INSTALLED IN 1926.
TWO WERE PLACED ON THE FOOTBRIDGE - N-112 - WHICH OPENED FEBRUARY 1 1924


HENRY WILHELM DREW THE 1930 LAYOUT AFTER THE GRADE CROSSING
ELIMINATION AND NOTED A 1945 ADDITION TO THE FREIGHT YARD


HENRY RAUDENBUSCH MAPPED THE c1950 SETUP


THE   GRADE   CROSSING   ELIMINATION
PARAGRAPH "H. Bayside" IS FROM EMPLOYEE TIME TABLE NUMBER 109, IN EFFECT OCTOBER
17, 1928 UNTIL JUNE 16, 1929.   GENERAL ORDER NUMBER 110-2 WAS EFFECTIVE JUNE 18, 1929.



LOOKING EAST JUNE 17, 1929.   TEMPORARY TRACK AND STATION AT RIGHT.
EASTBOUND TRACK REMOVED AND PLATFORM OUT OF SERVICE.
TEMPORARY CROSSING IN FOREGROUND IS 213th AVENUE (STREET)




AUGUST   17,   1929 - TEMPORARY   SINGLE   TRACK - CABIN   "B2"




SEPTEMBER   16,   1929 - CABIN   "B2"




CABIN   "B2"




ON SEPTEMBER 25 THE NEW NUMBER ONE TRACK
AND NORTH PLATFORM WERE PLACED IN SERVICE


OCTOBER   16,   1929 - NEW   PERMANENT   TRACK   IN   SERVICE








ON DECEMBER 5 THE NEW NUMBER TWO TRACK AND SOUTH PLATFORM AND
SEMAPHORE TYPE AUTOMATIC SIGNALS   N111 AND   N112 ON THE OVERHEAD
BRIDGE 1500 FEET EAST OF THE STATION WERE PLACED IN SERVICE

DECEMBER   12,   1929




SEMAPHORE TYPE AUTOMATIC SIGNALS   N111 AND   N112


JANUARY   25,   1930


1960   VIEW   WEST


BY 1978 THE COVERED PLATFORMS AT EACH END
OF THE STATION BUILDING HAD BEEN REMOVED






SEPTEMBER   1978




SEPTEMBER   1978 - LOCATION   "BAY"




SEPTEMBER   1978 - "BAY"   HIGH   SPEED   CROSSOVER




OVERGROWN   FREIGHT   HOUSE


JANUARY   22   1979 - JEFF   ERLITZ   PHOTO   COURTESY   DAVE   KELLER


JANUARY   1979 - FREIGHT   HOUSE   RECENTLY   BURNED






1988 - "BAY"   NOW   REMOTE   CONTROLLED   INTERLOCKING